Affiliated to NCVT (Govt. of India)
This course is of 18 months (Inclusive of 6 months Industrial Training/"On the job" Training)
10+2 pass minimum
No. of seats
Total number of seats available for one academic session is 15
On successful completion of scheduled two years training students will be able to work as –
Secretaries in Tibetan settlement office and Sponsorship Secretary
Front office in hotels and Secretaries in NGOs.
Secretarial Practice (English) is an executive and administrative vocational trade. The duration of trade is one year with two semesters of six months each. The trade course comprises mainly office management, shorthand, English & Business communication, Tibetan, Employability skill, Basic Computer & Computer Practical. There are many ITIs in the country offering this trade due to its good job scope in administration both government and private sectors.
BRIEF COURSE OVERVIEW
- Introduction, job opportunities & scope of the trade.
- Windows operating system.
- The loops.
- MS word- processing.
- Initial and Final hooks.
- Halving principles.
- Prefixes & suffixes.
- Simple letter writing
- Translation & note taking techniques
- Practice of the consonants and short hand.
- Practicing of logograms, grammalogues & contraction.
- Awareness computer hardware.
- Applications of circles, loops and initials hooks.
- Computer: practice on computer for speed typing.
- Practice of simple letters writing in shorthand and useful note taking techniques.
- Introduction of Office
- Functions, duties and characteristics of
- office manager
- Office layout
- Handling of mails
- Manuals of office forms and stationery
- Filing systems
- Office secretary
- Office equipment
- Practice of MS- excel and typing on the computer.
- Database entry by using MS-excel.
- Practice of MS-power point, slide & animation, transition etc.
- Practice of internet.
- Practical knowledge of various official work
- Tools, equipments and their uses