Food Production General
Affiliated to NCVT (Govt. of India)
This course is of 20 months (Inclusive of 6 months Industrial Training/"On the job" Training)
10th pass for entry and +2 pass for sitting in NCVT Exam (24/32 seats on merit basis)
No. of seats
Total number of seats available for one academic session is 32 (Only 24 trainees will get to seat in NCVT exam on merit basis & remaining trainees will receive internal certificate)
- Assistant cooks in star hotels and resorts.
- Chefs in smaller restaurants.
- Set up own outlets / catering unit.
BRIEF COURSE OVERVIEW
Craftsmen Food Production (General) is a professional food making/production trade. The duration of the course is one year with two semesters with six months duration each. During the trade students are introduced to various techniques of food making and its preservation. The trade covers general aspects of food making. There are many ITIs in the country providing trade due to its importance in today’s food making industries. They are also taught of kitchen organisation-responsibilities and functions of each category of staff working in kitchen inter-relation between the staff of kitchen with bakery and other departments. Trade is career orienting in nature which opens many jobs in various sectors.
- Aims & Objective of cooking.
- Intro to Catering industry / Hotel industry.
- Organizational hierarchy of kitchen Department.
- Attributes of kitchen services personnel.
- Duties and responsibilities of kitchen service personnel.
- Personal hygienic, Grooming and Etiquette.
- Classification of raw materials.
- Kitchen organization.
- Salads and their classification.
- Menu planning.
- Quality control, indenting & costing.
- Classification of soup
- Introducing to kitchen and kitchen sections.
- Familiarization & understanding the usage of equipment & tools.
- Proper usage of kitchen knife and hand tools.
- First aid for cuts & burns.
- Safety practices to be observed in kitchen.
- Familiarization, identification of commonly used raw material.
- Basic cuts of vegetables.
- Demonstration of cooking methods.
- Preparation of basic Indian cuisine.
- Preparation of different menus.
- Preparation of stocks.
- Basic mother Sauce along with 5 derivative of each
- Egg Structure.
- Method of cooking different vegetables.
- Larder organization & lay out.
- Classification of Horsdoevure & salads.
- Fish classification, scaling, cleaning & preparation.
- Butchery – cut of Beef, Lamb, Mutton & Pork, its uses and weight.
- Assembling of Buffet.
- Characteristics & types of leavening /raising agent.
- Food adulteration as a public health hazard.
- Fundamentals of nutrition
- Breakfast preparation.
- Preparation & cooking of veg. dishes.
- Festive Menu’s –
- Ethnic royal Cuisine-
- Preparation of fish dishes and cuts.
- Preparation of meat dishes and cuts.
- Pork dishes and cuts.
- Chicken preparations and cuts.
- Preparation of sandwiches and canopies.
- Various type of bread, bread rolls & Bread sticks.
- Farinaceous dishes.
- Preparation of: Pastries, Jam tart, Swiss roll
- Vegetables patties, Chocolate Eclairs & cakes